Find a Dentist in Crofton
See a Dentist for the Healthiest Teeth in the Neighbourhood in Crofton
Dentists are health care professionals that assess, diagnose, treat and prevent disease, disorder and dysfunction of the mouth and face. Dentists use various surgical and non-surgical dental tools and techniques and have extensive knowledge of mouth and face structure, function and appearance. They use these skills and knowledge to design and implement treatment plans allowing people to regain normal oral health.
Some conditions treated by dentists include:
- Gum disease
- Lost, missing, broken or cracked teeth
- Decayed, badly stained or misshapen teeth
- Oral cancer
- Infected teeth
- Oral and facial irregularities and injuries
- Tooth sensitivity
- Dry mouth
Dentists provide services in a variety of different settings throughout healthcare, including private dentistry clinics and dental hospitals. Some of these services provided by dentists include:
- Assessing and diagnosing mouth and face problems.
- Treating and preventing mouth and face disorders, disease and dysfunctions using surgical and non-surgical dentistry techniques.
- Prescribing, providing and applying medication
- Applying anesthetic
- Prescribing, obtaining and reading x-rays.
- Fitting, installing and assessing dental devices (braces, mouth guards, caps and crowns, veneers, etc.)
- Professional teeth whitening
- Promote oral health and wellbeing by providing advice and public education on nutrition, lifestyle and dental tools and technology.
|Province / Territory||Regulatory / Licensing Bodies & Associations in Canada||Organizations|
|Newfoundland and Labrador|
|Prince Edward Island|