- They provide a voice to the general public, as well as referring health professionals. These Associations inform media outlets and other organizations on matters about their scope of practice and the benefits for their professional services regularly.
- Provide up-to-date information to their members, such as strategies and trends that could influence their practice.
- Constantly trying to promote the value of their profession and protect it from any negative press, using multimedia platforms.
- Create opportunities by building on current research and allowing doors to open for their profession. They form alliances with other organizations that enhance their credibility and position in the eyes of policymakers who make decisions about healthcare policy.
- Professional development opportunities are constantly being created, and provided to members of associations. These may occur through other institutes, conferences or workshops with industry leaders in order for them to maintain their membership privileges.
- They support their members in the achievement of competent and ethical practices by providing ongoing professional development. They also promote training on ethical decisions to help them make sound choices when confronted with difficult situations.
- They are dedicated to ensuring fair compensation for their members. They also work to elevate the professional image of their members across Canada.
- Each association has requirements that members must meet yearly to maintain their certification. This includes hours performing the services under their scope of practice, professional development credits and more.
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills: Dedicated, passionate healthcare professionals are always needed to help drive innovation for associations. One way that they can do this is through the use of new leaders who care about improving their industry.
- They provide a variety of services and products to their members, including discounts on certain things. Healthcare associations often partner with different organizations and companies to develop these discounted services or products because the outside company has a large pool of potential users.
Many people have questions about what a kinesiologist does. This blog will give you a general idea of a Kinesiologist's scope of practice. Some kinesiologists work...